Thursday, June 11, 2009

For my dad...

With Father's Day right around the corner, I decided to design a card for my dad today. I wanted to make a word cloud like you do on Wordle. (Thanks for showing me that site, Mom!) But I had no Internet access at the time, so I decided to do it the old-fashioned way - okay, not really old-fashioned - just myself. Here's what I came up with:



As with all my random pictures, you probably need to know a few things for it to make sense...
  • When I get home from West Virginia, I will print it and put it on blue, or green, or brown paper (I told you I'm indecisive!).
  • The front - My dad's name is Eldon and to all his friends he is Big E - but to my sister and I, he is Dad E.
  • And the inside - I tend to talk a lot and one day when I was little (or maybe I was in high school...) my dad said I seemed even more talkative than normal and asked why. To which I very seriously replied, "I'm just trying to make sure I use all my words for the day", and of course it has now become a running family joke. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment