Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What we learned at PROM...

Last weekend, my husband and I attended the Preserving and Restoring our Marriages conference at our church. Along with about 70 other couples, we listened to keynote speakers and had our choice of breakout sessions – all with the premise that strong marriages help build strong families and strong churches. One of our favorite take-aways from the day was this quote the keynote speakers talked about:

“Marriage is both a done deal and a daily development, something you did and something you do.” – Max Lucado

The quote is so true because after you say “I do”, you have to continue to “do” through your actions, words and love each day. I can’t explain it as well as the speakers did, but wanted to share it anyways. [My husband liked it so much he thought of a really cool idea for something in our house incorporating the quote. I know that’s really vague, but I don’t want to spoil it before we actually do it!]

For a little background information…Max Lucado is a minister and award-winning Christian author. I have his book Grace for the Moment Vol. II and it is amazing! I highly recommend it and hope to read more of his work very soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment