Sunday, January 3, 2010

Keep organized by using white...

I just read "How to KEEP organized in 2010" on Houzz and learned an interesting tip - use white bedding and linens...
"White not only looks professional, it can be cleaned easily and transferred from room to room while keeping a continuity throughout the house. If all-white bedding is too pristine, add splashes of colors with throws, pillows, and color surrounding the bed."
I'm not gonna lie, I've always been a little afraid of white bedding and keeping it looking nice (i.e., not getting make-up on all the pillow cases if I take a nap). But after thinking about it, I guess it makes sense that they would actually be really easy to clean. And after looking around on Houzz for photos including white bedding, I am pretty much sold...






I also love it because white sheets would work perfectly with the bedding set in our master bedroom (below) and the comforter in the guest room. [My wallet and I are both too scared to go to completely white bedding yet!] 


Well, I'm off to scour the Internet for some deals on white sheets! Have a wonderful evening! 

P.S. The sheets that came with our bedding set look waaay whiter in this picture than in person. They are actually a kind of dingy gray.

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you posted this! now when i'm explaining to A why i absolutely must have white sheets, i can have a logical explanation to back it up! it's actually an organizational technique and I'm not completely neurotic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm glad to be of assistance! :)

    ReplyDelete