Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Redecorating the guest bedroom...

Just like the guest bathroom, we gave the guest room a mini makeover with very few purchases...

Before:
A naked window, a rumpled comforter and a mirror that reflected the closet door - fancy.

Pretty much more of the same.

And a blah corner with a practically empty bookcase thingy.
After:
Yay for curtains! [Even though my husband sees absolutely no purpose in curtains, the curtain rod was still one of the few purchases.] I also moved the mirror and added a few different accessories. Oh, and the walls are Glidden's Icy Waterfall, just like the bathroom.

I got the three frames for just a few dollars each at Wal-Mart...and learned that I shouldn't go shopping when I'm sleepy. I totally didn't notice that the frames were two different sizes and that two of them were missing the mats that were supposed to come in them. And, of course, it was one of the larger frames that actually had the mat, so I had to cut it down to fit the frame in the center to keep things symmetrical. Anyways, it all worked out in the end and I was able to frame the bright wrapping paper [also from Wal-Mart - and my last purchase for the room]. Other additions here included adding ribbon to the lampshades and switching out fun-colored candles for the white ones that were there before.

I fixed up the blah corner a little with a few baskets [originally used for the programs at our wedding], the mirror we moved, a monkey and actually putting books, frames, etc. in the bookcase thingy.

This last picture is really bad, but the four frames pictures from my sister's wedding actually are really cool in person.
This room is definitely still a work-in-progress as the real reason for the color scheme is that I couldn't find the light blue pillow cases, so I had to use the pink ones...and the pink accents just expanded from there. :) The someday plan is to change up the color scheme to just the light blue, navy and green. But in the meantime, the room is much more presentable for our guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment