Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy [early] New Year!

I seem to always be late on my holiday posts, so I thought I would go ahead and be a few days early on this one. I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, but this year I came up with a list of people who I would like to learn from in 2010...

1. Martha Stewart - I want to do more cooking, baking, cleaning, crafting, organizing, entertaining, and all around amazing "homekeeping" - all in my effort to become a little more like Martha. :)

2. Katie Bower and Sherry Petersik - In 2010, I plan to take on more DIY projects around the house. And of course, blog about them - Katie and Sherry style. Who knows? Maybe I'll even make some bloggy friends next year.

3. Stacy London - I love What Not to Wear, but I'm gonna have to kick my wardrobe into gear so that I don't end up on it. :) Okay, it's not actually that bad. But I probably don't need to immediately put on sweats everyday after work either. And some of the sweatshirts in my closet (i.e., the two almost identical high school baseball hoodies) can probably find a new home this coming year...at least in a different closet.

4. Donald Trump - So, I needed someone to represent working hard at work...and the Donald is a businessman [obviously]. I know he throws off my all female thing I had going on, but I do love The Apprentice and I can't think of anyone else at the moment. :)

5. Jillian Michaels - No list of New Year's resolutions is complete without the cliche fitness goal. So with the help of my adorable little cheerleaders, my husband's new boxing stand and bag, and my new Wii fit - I plan to be more active this next year and get in at least a little better shape.

6. My Grandmas - Growing up I was lucky to have two of the most amazing grandmothers ever imaginable, so this one incorporates a lot of different things. One of which is to get back into some "old school crafts", like crocheting, knitting, cross-stitching, embroidering, etc. But the most imporant thing I ever learned from my grandmas and most hope to do in 2010 [and every year] is put God, my husband, and my family first at all times.

Happy New Year! I wish you all a wonderful 2010!

4 comments:

  1. Wahoo! What a fun little roundup, and of course I'm pinching myself to be included with my girl Katie Bower! Happy 2010!

    xo,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions! Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and a very happy new year to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock on girl! And I am thrilled that Sherry & I beat Jillian Michaels...don't tell her I said that though...she scares me a little :) Seriously - thank you for that enormous compliment...you are such a sweetie & I hope you have a very merry 2010.

    XO - KB

    ReplyDelete