Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gifts...

Okay, I know Christmas was months ago, but I wanted to share some of the great gifts I received, so please bear with me for a few posts. First up are three homemade, extremely meaningful, family-related gifts...

The first gift is this sweet little bear made from my grandpa's old shirts, ties and, of course, overalls. [My grandpa always wore overalls. The only time he would change was when my grandma made him.] My aunt made one of these bears for each of his children and grandchildren. I love how each of the bears is unique and such a great way to remember my grandpa.

The next gift was also made by my aunt for all the children and grandchildren. [She was really on a roll this year!] She gathered all of my grandma's recipes and compiled them in books for each of us. My favorite thing about the book is that it just confirms again how much like my grandma I am...probably 88% of the cookbook is filled with dessert recipes. :)

And last in the "family" gifts category, was the yearly scrapbook update from my Godson. Someday when I have kids, I will definitely be continuing this tradition for their Godparents. At the beginning of the scrapbook, it says "You shared with me my Baptism Day,"...

"And now I invite you to share with me my childhood."

And each year for Christmas I get adorable updates of this little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment