Thursday, June 24, 2010

Couples' shower | more decor...

As guests came to the house, they were directed to this coffee table in the living room...
The close-ups...
The details...
  • The frames were both originally really ugly dollar store frames that I spray painted.
  • I made the big tree picture for the guests to add their fingerprints and sign their names. The tree looked great when it was finished. And the bride-to-be referred to it as "the coolest thing ever" the whole day. So, now I refer to her as "the sweetest girl ever." :)
  • The vases are the twine-covered ones I made here. The "greenery" in the vases are random pieces I cut off the bushes in front of our house.
  • The candle is actually leftover from our wedding. I just wrapped three pieces of ribbon around it and secured them with double-sided tape.
The random story...
The colors for the shower [green and brown] were inspired by the wedding colors. And they worked out very well for a backyard BBQ, because there is already lots of green and brown with the fence, trees and grass. So, when I was looking for pictures of the couple to frame, I wanted them to coordinate with the colors and theme. I thought I found really cool pictures, but Mr. W told me it looked like we thought they were "tree huggers." Haha, oh well, they matched and I liked it! :)

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on the coffee table setting! That tree frame with everyone's fingerprints and names is gorgeous and amazing! They look so cute hugging the tree ... perfect photo. BTW, I love the fabric on your couch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the shower paige! so so cute! drew+melissa are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete