Friday, September 17, 2010

Another quick meal...

I already showed you my Asian salad that I'm obsessed with, but my repertoire of quick and easy meals doesn't stop there. :) Next up is zucchini and rice...which you can make in eight minutes flat. [Yep, I timed it...it takes exactly eight minutes.]

 

 Ingredients:
  • 1/2 zucchini
  • Spices / seasonings
  • A teensy bit of oil / butter
  • A serving of microwave rice

Instructions:

  • Add a teensy bit of oil or butter to a skillet on high heat.
  • Slice the zucchini into thin slices and add to skillet.
  • Start the microwave rice [following directions on the package].
  • Add spices / seasonings to the zucchini to taste [I use onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning salt].
  • The zucchini and rice should be done at about the same time.
  • If desired, add a teensy bit of butter to the rice.
  • Put the zucchini on top of the rice and enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment