Thursday, January 5, 2012

Confessions of a missing blogger...

So...it's been a long time. A really long time. I've  missed this little blog of mine and decided it was well past time to get back to it. But before I get back into the swing of things, here are my confessions as to why I went missing...
Confessions of a busy blogger...
Honestly, over the past year I have been very busy at work and with work trips. It sounds a little boring, but it did result in five work trips to the Bahamas. No complaints here. However, but it definitely took my time away from my blog. Don't worry though [okay, who am I kidding, nobody is worried about me now that I said I went to the Bahamas five times...], there was also plenty of fun mixed in over the last year. :)


Confessions of an over-thinking blogger...
There were a lot of times over the past year that I wanted to start my blog back up...but then I would start over-thinking it. Conversations like this were happening in my head:
Paige - "I really miss my blog and have a great idea - I'm going to go post it!" 
Over-thinking Paige - "That's a nice idea, but remember how you might want to open an Etsy shop someday? Are you sure you want to name it A Paige in History?" 
Paige - "Well, I'm not sure...but that won't happen for a while. And what does it have to do with my post?" 
Over-thinking Paige - "Don't you remember anything from all your business classes? All of the names should be the same to help with your marketing. Maybe you should start a new blog. And does that post even have to do with your message?"
So, I think you get the point. And it's not that I'm a crazy person with conversations in my head. :)


Confessions of a perfectionist... 
There were also times when I would look at my blog and just not think it was good enough. Take the header for example...
Yep, it's pretty annoying how it didn't line up right. But should it keep me from ever posting anything? Nope! And check it out, it wasn't at all difficult to update my header. 


To summarize...
  • Sorry I went missing for so long! As much as I will try not to disappear again, I also know that with my busy schedule it is definitely a possibility. But, I also know that I really missed my little creative blog outlet, so I'll try to find a balance.
  • My posts may not always be perfect. But, I promise they will be me. [Well, the part of me that's not busy over-thinking everything...] 

No comments:

Post a Comment