Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Who wood have guessed it?

My mom has some incredible wood pieces that were hand carved by her father. The first that come to mind are her jewelry box and beautiful wooden bowls, but I'm sure there are a lot of other pieces I am forgetting. Anyways, lately it seems like a lot of cool wood items have been popping up on some of my favorite blogs.

Like these hand-carved spoons seen here...

And this retro bowl seen here...

And even these finds from
Eddie's Etsy shop seen here...
This last one is no longer available in Eddie's Etsy Shop, but it's the real kicker. Seriously, these "1970s teak salad bowls" look exactly like the ones my mom has from her father...And if I'm remembering correctly, he made them for my parents' wedding in the 1970s. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment