Now you've seen almost everything from the couples' shower we threw Mr. W's brother...
- The invites
- The dessert table [including DIY cake stands]
- And even some cute pictures from opening the gifts
But what I haven't told you yet, are all the things that made the shower perfect. And most of those things weren't things at all...
- Drinking lots of wine with Mr. W, because we really needed more bottles to decorate with [or something like that]
- My in-laws coming over early to help with all the last minute setup
- The bride-to-be's face when she saw everything...she was so excited! That is my favorite part of any party - just making the guest(s) of honor feel special and loved. :)
- Mr. W's cutie little brother asking me for more "special" cookies about every seven minutes [The "special" cookies were ones that got stuck together because I was impatient and stacked them before they had cooled. I told him he could have as many cookies as he wanted as long as he ate the "special" chunks of cookies that were too ugly to go on the table.]
- The close friends and family that stuck around late for impromptu s'mores
- Drinking the rest of the margarita punch with the bride-to-be because we certainly didn't want it to go to waste :)
Yep, it's the little things like those that really make a party perfect.